don't you hate it when...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idolomantis

Reaction score
Feeder insects stores sent the wrong order :rolleyes:

I ordered large FF for my Pseudempusa pinnapavonis, which are just too small for flies and to big for FF(only a lot of large ones work, my culture died off so i wanted to start a new one)

I get the small ones...

They don't even grab the thingies.

Rant.gif

Now i have to lure some FF .

Rant's over.

yeah yesterday I went to pet co for emergency FFS. I ask, do you have d hydei? Whats that they reply...um, do you have large fruit flies? They say sure...I go and they have d mels! All dead in little vials -.- AHHH i hate petco :)

Yeah, I once ordered ff pupae (mels) instead of HF pupae! Our large ffs here are D. hydei, but I know that wc species vary, even inside the U.S. What species of large ff do you use?

yeah yesterday I went to pet co for emergency FFS. I ask, do you have d hydei? Whats that they reply...um, do you have large fruit flies? They say sure...I go and they have d mels! All dead in little vials -.- AHHH i hate petco :)
I hate Petco too, their crix always seem diseased to me. That's why I go to Petsmart.

P.S., love the smiley Idolo.

We also use D.hydei as large ones and mels as small FF.

+ that P. pinnapavonis are such spoiled creatures..

@mantidlord: Kats smiley album.. alot of cool stuff there :D

I recently ordered two D. hydei cultures - after just one week there were only mites inside, and soon everything started to mold, so even mites died out. So, I wasted 17$, and now I have no flies for my Bolbena - great.

I dont go to either petsmart or petco for crickets being I get all my crickets from soldans and can get around 17 dozen for 10 bucks being 9 dozen large and 8 dozen small and those will last me a few weeks. Petsmart charges 10 cents a cricket but that is more expensive then soldans and the crickets always are healthy and never look sick or diseased and I order my fruit flies from either josh's frogs or flycafe.net and also starting making my own cultures.I just wonder if it will hurt if a culture has both the large and small fruit flies in the medium!Also Feeding crickets wont be a problem being there is plenty of apples on my apple trees!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts