Droopy Mantis 2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitzWallace

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a second posting..my first may have gotten lost in cyberspace. I have a 4 month old adult Chinese mantis. Yesterday he was eating & flying, and today he doesn't have the strength to move, and won't even eat from my hand. I've read that they live 5-6 months, so this may just be his time, but it seems like it's too soon! Is there anything I could/should do? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

He ate a sick fly. feed him water then honey and repeat
How do you know this? He never mentioned anything about a fly. I don't recommend you feed him water then honey! No idea where you came up with that. Bottom line is we don't really know what causes these things.

LOL i read it wrong! i thought he said it was eating flies when he said "He was eating and flying"

Hi FitzWallace,

The only thing to do is give it time.

You may notice an improvement in its health in a day or two.

But as you say it may just be the end of its life span.

Thanx for the replies. He did die. *sigh* I do have 2 left from the same case. Hopefully they will live a bit longer. Thanks again!

If you're sure he's cashin' out, you can help him along by putting him in the freezer. It's kind and quick. Sorry :(