Emperor Scorpions - good pets?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud jaguar

Reaction score
At an insect show i was tempted to buy an emperor scorpion. I asked the guy some questions and he said they live about 10 years, are as poisonous as a bee sting, and can eat crickets. They seem pretty fat and i am wondering how much they eat? Can they really be handled? - they sure look mean :)

Anyways, if you have had one of these let me know a bit about it as i am interested to learn.

At an insect show i was tempted to buy an emperor scorpion. I asked the guy some questions and he said they live about 10 years, are as poisonous as a bee sting, and can eat crickets. They seem pretty fat and i am wondering how much they eat? Can they really be handled? - they sure look mean :) Anyways, if you have had one of these let me know a bit about it as i am interested to learn.
They eat really little..they are harmless.Dont panic if they dont eat for months lol.emperor scorpions and asian forest scorpions look VERY same..oh and they are most probably gravid with babies if they are fat cause they eat REALLY little :eek: .Most scorpions that are kept together before they are bought are gravid.If they are already adults they wont live for 10 years.Heres my baby asian forest scorpion.Baby emperors will look like this too. :)

P5170036.jpg

Hi, Ive had a few emperor scorpions and the one thing I had problems with was giving them enough water so make sure they have a water dish and to keep up the humidity levels so they dont dry out, also they need it a bit warmer than room temperature and if there kept even in the low 70s for to long it can kill them. Goodluck with them if you decide to get some.

I have found that when new, they dont like being handled one bit. After a month or two, they begin to warm up to you though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts