Empusa pennata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny.

Reaction score
20140531_191556_zps1588b998.jpg

Ootheca was laid 4/28/14 and hatched 5/28/14 a total of 20 nymphs. None stuck, lost 4 the next day.

congrats danny. these guys are super awesome. i had a male a while back and he was great. unfortunately he mismolted from sub to adult. he lived, but his wings werent very nice to look at.

congrats danny. these guys are super awesome. i had a male a while back and he was great. unfortunately he mismolted from sub to adult. he lived, but his wings werent very nice to look at.
20140612_195554_zpse2169075.jpg
Thanks D! The first batch has molted to L2 and doing great! Had two oothecas hatch back to back this past weekend. All made it out fine but one that's stuck but still alive and eating! :eek:

Wow great stuff danny! Really like empusa, as it is a portuguese mantis too lol

Do you put nymphs through a cool period? You should make a dedicate caresheet as i recall you having these guys for a few gens now yeah?

Wow great stuff danny! Really like empusa, as it is a portuguese mantis too lol

Do you put nymphs through a cool period? You should make a dedicate caresheet as i recall you having these guys for a few gens now yeah?
I have adults and will be pairing them up this weekend. Hope I get a third generation.

That is awesome... You have got to be proud of yourself...3 generations.. that is dedication.. Especially since they all die off at the same time of the year...

That is awesome... You have got to be proud of yourself...3 generations.. that is dedication.. Especially since they all die off at the same time of the year...
Thanks D! I wasn't as dedicated this time around and lost quite a few number of both sexes. I'm confident with remaining adults will keep it going. :)

What do you mean by what you said about die off Dmina? Is the lifespan of this mantis very short - as an adult?

Latest posts