erm... HELP...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infinity

Reaction score
I decided i'd have a break from revision (FINAL YEAR-WOO!!!) - and i thought it would be fun to mate one of my tarantulas... well... I put the lass on the floor in her container, put the bloke in... he did his business (BIG WOO!!!) - but now he's bolted under my bed!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

>insert LOTS of swearing here<

Anyone got any tips on how to get him out?! There's just so much junk under there and the dude's quite a decent climber so if he decides to come out during the night, I'd rather not end up with him and me being bed-partners...

p.s. I put a pencil in to separate out the male and female (she wasn't too keen)... she put a whole in my pencil with her fangs!!! 1.5cm fangs just went straight through the wood! :shock:

it's my g.rosea... well, one of them - the bloke seems quite happy under there... maybe i should just let a few crickets roam wild and go from there :D

Put a water dish out, he will go to the water faster than food. Especially if he's been fed the last few days.

just poke about under there. He'll run out when you get near/ touch him. He wont bite you and wont run very fast. Easy.Done it a few times when stuff has ran in the spider room.

IMO, mature males, especially ones that are as a species docile (lots of people are hesitant to say rosies are docile lol!) are interested in sex and not interested in biting even in defense. Send a small person under there and fetch him. Im actually serious. You could also put out some water, like garbonza says. Other than that, it is dark and there are plenty of hides, he is going to like it in there. You could also lure him with the female.

Latest posts