Euchomenella heteroptera and Ambivia undata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson

Reaction score
I've just bought 2 adult Euchomenella heteroptera, soes anyone have much info on them? I got them from Rob Byatt.

Also i bought 6 L2 nymphs of Ambivia undata, mantis database comes up with nothing. All i know is that there from Thailand and take atleast 6 months to adult. They look quite abit like this as adults:

http://ttwebbase.dyndns.org/mantid/view/156.html

Any info AT ALL would be great!

Thanks

Francisco might be able to help you with the Euchomenella.

Wanna post some pics for us to see :D

Francisco is at the insect fair today. I just bought some from him though. Just keep them at room temp and mist them lightly once a day. Pretty much whatever you would do for a room temp mantid, do it for the stick mantis. Mine are in taller delly cups though. Hope it helps.

I'll post pics today or tommorow. Gotta go out for a few hours now.

Bit annoyed that i bought 3 Phyllium sp leaf insects, asked for a pair and an extra female. Trusted the bloke, he gave me a pair and a extra male...didnt check till i got home :( *rant over*

Any idea on the Ambivia Undata??

No idea on that one. Just bought the stick insects yesterday at the fair from francisco. One even shed on the way home while I was driving. Somehow it didn't fall off.

Hi.

Ambivia undata is a rainforest species. Keep them like Popa spurca, but at just 25-28° C by day.

Regards,

Christian

Well, I am guessing if it is a rainforest. Keep it pretty well misted to keep the humidity up there.

HEllo Jackson and all,

I keep my Euchomenlla just like any other of my mantis

I feed them 3 times a week.

Spray some water 3 times a week

Room temp 75-77 F

No light required, just filtered day light

They can be communal if you feed daily, give them more space as they grow, since they are quite large specie.

Ambivia undata=Ambivia popa sin

Like Christian said, Tropical specie same care as Popa spurca or Hoplocorypha.

regards

FT

Latest posts