Euro Ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quake

Reaction score
I just received my Religiosa ooth from Rebbecca and this is my first one. Temperatures around here have been in the 80's and the humidity stays about 50-70% so I havent used a heat lamp. Is that a good humidity, should I spray or not, or put in a cooler room?

What u have is fine, mist it three times a week at least, and in no time u will have babies!
wink.gif
good temp, it wont hurt it!

How early should I expect a hatch? I want to keep alert around average hatch time so I can move them to their enclosures before anything unexpected happens.

Also, if I notice mold or the container is too humid should I put them under a lamp for a little while?

And in the opposite direction if the weather heats up should I mist more often?

How early should I expect a hatch? I want to keep alert around average hatch time so I can move them to their enclosures before anything unexpected happens.

Also, if I notice mold or the container is too humid should I put them under a lamp for a little while?

And in the opposite direction if the weather heats up should I mist more often?
Just check it every day. They are not going to just all eat each other the first day. I recommend you keep them in the hatching container if it is large enough for at least a couple molts. You shouldn't see mold if misting a few times a week. If you do it means you are keeping it far too wet. This whole thing is very easy.

I got my ooth from Rebecca, they just hatched last weekend. It took 31 days from the day it was laid to the day they hatched. I kept them fairly warm and misting the ooth almost everyday. Now I got around a 100 hungry babies!

Vented, yes. 32 Ounce container. The weather has been keeping in the 70's during the day and the 60's at night this week. humidity less than usual.

Some hatched the first day but not a whole lot, was a little dissapointed. A lot more hatched the second day. I thought ok, they're done, but NO, even more hatched on the following days. It's been a week now and I still have a few hatching, though these are weak and can't seem to free themselves comepletely from the ooth. Is it normal for them to take a whole week to hatch?