European mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo mantis

Reaction score
my female European mantis layed an egg a few weeks ago and now i am expecting another and she has been bending her abdomin down every once in a while and i am wondering if that means she is going to lay the ooth soon?

A lot of the time a bending of the abdomon downwards means she's releasing pheromones to attract a mate. Was she bred successfully? She will still release pheramones after breeding as well...just not as strong. My african mantids are still bending the abs downward and have laid several ooths.

Hey Robomantis,

I have been catching some wild European mantids lately. One was a beautiful yellow adult female- I need to download and show the pic sometime. Anyway, I have noticed that even though European mantids can live in areas where it gets quite hot (above 100 F) they cannot stand the 80 degree plus temperatures from heat pads. :?

I've only had luck with keeping Europeans at room temperature. I know this may not be the reason but it is just a thought.

Latest posts