Excited to get into the hobby

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morwenna

Reaction score
Hi! I'm from Montana. I'm a college student studying Japanese language and culture. I studied in Japan for a year last year (there are tons of cool bugs there haha). I keep tarantulas and I have many pets including cats, a dog, budgies, and a horse. I recently got into the mantis hobby because I think they're really cool looking insects and I've only seen one up close once or twice, so I figured it's time to learn something new and gain new experience. My Chinese mantis ooth just hatched out two days ago and I have about 160 babies. I'm just poking around the forum reading about different kinds of mantids and people's experience with them.

Nice to meet you!

~Morwenna

Welcome!

Those little Chinese nymphs will be able to eat up a storm! Good luck.
cool.gif

Greetings Morwenna,

I was born in Japan, but I have lived in the states for most of my life. There are many different interesting mantids, so many to choose from!

Mr.Mantid

Oh, tell us about the beetle shops in Japan!

Morwenna is a very interesting name. And your avatar photo has made many debuts on this forum.

Welcome from a fellow "ootheca". I have started the same way and just joined, myself. My chinese mantids are now molting to L4. Can bugs be addicting??? It's debatable. LOL. Good luck with your babies.

Oh, tell us about the beetle shops in Japan!

Morwenna is a very interesting name. And your avatar photo has made many debuts on this forum.
I didn't get to see any beetle shops or any of the stag/rhinoceros beetles at all while I was there. :( I just saw the little cages for them at dollar stores and stuff.

Morwenna was a nickname given to me by a Welsh friend and it has many variations-Morgan le Fay, Megan, Morgana, etc.

I figured my avatar might have been used here before, it's a cool picture! XD

Patrickfraser, I think bugs are totally addictive! I got "bit" a looong time ago.

Welcome, from SoCal.

Anyone else notice how many things are listed under people's hobbies and interests on this forum...? Most of the people I grew up with would put "video games" and then stare at the screen for 10 minutes, before asking me if "bathing" was a hobby.

(I really need new friends)

Welcome, from SoCal.

Anyone else notice how many things are listed under people's hobbies and interests on this forum...? Most of the people I grew up with would put "video games" and then stare at the screen for 10 minutes, before asking me if "bathing" was a hobby.

(I really need new friends)
We are an eclectic bunch with a wide range of interests. ;)