Eye parasite?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC White

Reaction score
It's probably too late but I wanted to know if I could do something to help my orchid mantis with what seems like some sort of parasite. It started off as small black marks on top of her eyes and now seems to have spread all the way to her head. I've tried honey but it didnt seem to have helped. Today she got way worse as she was at the bottom of her enclosure walking oddly and vending over every few steps. I actually thought perhaps she was looking for water because of this but when I offered a few small drops she move her head away every time she came in contact with it... I hope someone who has experienced this can tell me what it is and if I can do anything to help her other than euthanizing her. Thank you.

IMG_9972.JPG

IMG_9974.JPG

It got some sort of infection and it slowly spread throughout her head. There's unfortunately nothing you can do about something like that once it's started.

Sorry to hear about your poor orchid, she is so beautiful. Seems like an infection like @Ranitomeyasaid. Best of luck.

Latest posts