*facepalm*

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love2read

Reaction score
You've just gotta love that *facepalm* moment when you realize you accidentally left the container of fly pupae sitting out from when you fed your mantids 48 hours ago...

Now, what to do with 500 freshly-emerged flies...lol

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's done this? :p

I haven't done that yet but I left the lid off of my fruit fly culture for about 5 minutes while feeding some nymphs. :blush:

I had someone bug-sitting my nymphs once and when they tried to feed one of the babies he ran out of his cup... While they were catching him, they left the fruit fly container open.... It took a few months to get the majority of them out of the kitchen lol

I always hatch my bbflys out and feed them. Then I put them in the fridge til I need them. Which in my case, they are eaten in a week or less :)

Ha ha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! XD

Sally, what do you feed them? I dumped my flies into a container with some bee pollen and sticks to climb on. Not sure what else to do.

Ha ha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! XD

Sally, what do you feed them? I dumped my flies into a container with some bee pollen and sticks to climb on. Not sure what else to do.
Honey. I use the material lids and dot the honey on some of the holes. Not too much though, it will saturate the flies. I just dropped a whole container of pupae on the rug the other day. Uggggh. The ones I missed hatched in the bugroom, lol. Luckily they tend to go right to the windows :)

Latest posts