Fan heaters

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyfrog321

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a tower fan heater or something like it, has anyone been using them to heat there mantids?

Can they be safely used at close range?

I don't want it to heat up the whole room, just about 2m x 2m x 2m of mantis enclosure space.

The thing is it will dry things up alot, heat mats and lighting may work better for mantis, only a few species like low RH?

The thing is it will dry things up alot, heat mats and lighting may work better for mantis, only a few species like low RH?
+1 I wouldn't recommend it either. You can get heat lamp globes for around $10 and most of the time they will fit into an old desk lamp, so this may be the easier/cheaper option. They come in ceramic as well if you don't want your room bright.

Mantids are an easy pet and they don't require special & insanely expensive things to keep them.

All you need is low cost lamp with a proper low watts bulb... or you would purchase a small heat pad for reptiles in pet stores near you.

My room is always humid and warmer during the spring & summer seasons. I just put my mantids in my room. They do just fine. I sometimes turn on the fan to cool a bit.

I keep my lab/animal area in a small room where my boiler/furnace is. For 3/4 of the year, they offer more than enough heat, but during winter/early spring I use a small space heater to help regulate the temps. I would not use it in close proximity to anything flamable, and yes, it certainly dries things out. You must mist more often to suppliment the humidity when using a forced hot air device to heat.

I have 2 of those tower heaters because that part of my house gets cold in the winter

(dont need them now), just be warned, if U use them, you will need a few heavy duty

humidifiers because they suck the moisture right out of the air!!

Latest posts