Feeding crickets

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: I couldn't say what the daily requirements are, but it may be an interesting research project for somebody else to do. I might be wrong but I'm assuming that all animals have very similar cellular physiology and therefore have similar metabolic needs.

Bok choi is awesome stuff as well. Saute in a bit of sesame oil with garlic. :rolleyes:
Maybe after the study on mantid daily requirements gets finished...we can start looking into different diets for different mantid body types...

You know...

Packed full of protein for buff mantids...

High fiber for slender, pretty mantids...

High carb for high energy mantids...

Lol...who knows

Maybe after the study on mantid daily requirements gets finished...we can start looking into different diets for different mantid body types...You know...

Packed full of protein for buff mantids...

High fiber for slender, pretty mantids...

High carb for high energy mantids...

Lol...who knows
Insects are protein.

The best "greens" I've found are fresh picked dandelion leaves. Just make sure they haven't been chemically treated with pesticides or herbicides. They are readily available and easily accessable (in season), a proven fresh food source for crickets in the wild, and best of all free! ;)

Edit: Added link to some interesting dandelion species information.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the reptile show this weekend the guy from cricketsdirect said to use chick feed that is designed for chicken chicks.

He said he uses the stuff with vitamins added, and it works great for the crickets.

I know that Chuck at spider Pharm said that with a protein supplement that the canibalistic tendencies don't manifest themselves in the spiders, like they do without the protein supplement, so maybe it's similar with crickets, or all beasteses for that matter.

Maybe if you give them the good chick mash, and some protein supplement they are gonna 'pump you up', but then they'd be beating up on the mantids :angry: <_<