Feeding (planning) problem!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatsnotbombs

Reaction score
I will soon have 3 L3 ghost nymphs arriving! I've heard they should be fed hydei fruit flies (since crickets may not climb up to them)!

However, don't hydei need about 77 degrees farenheight to cultivate? I have petco/petsmart (sorry guys! I can't afford to pay shipping rates too often...) to buy crickets from, and (live?) mealworms as well! Will raising fruit flies even work at this temperature? If not, anything I'd be able to do to feed them besides handfeed them? ( no time at all) It's currently 55 degrees max farenhieght where I am! Any tips! Thanks!

you should be fine my cultures can produce at 55 degrees. the ghosties on the other hand need it warmer than 55!

probably not. if you are really worried than just put them up by your mantids where it is warmer.

If you are going to raise the Ghosties, and at the proper temp, you can utilize the same environment for the Hydeis. Even placing a small culture of them inside the Ghost enclosure can work.

I'm probably going to get one of these cultures! http://www.flycafe.net/main.sc

I've bought from them before and was quite pleased with the entire ordeal. My container for the mantis is 10x9x6, so there's no possible way it'd work. Does anyone know of a cheap lamp or anything? Low cost...my parents aren't the greatest supporters of my hobby...

^________^ THANKS THOUGH.