feeding too much??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massaman

Reaction score
would be going through 14 dozen crickets in 9 days be feeding too much to 20ish mantids

well 7 dozen large crickets

7 dozen small crickets to the adults and 6 L2+ nymphs

That actually sounds about right. It's less than one cricket per day per mantid.

I guess it depends on whAt you think. I feed my mantids everyday but alot of people feed em every other day or every other two days. Personally I don't think it's overfeeding but that's just me

Are they gut loaded with good stuff? If not I would try to vary the diet a bit more. All crickets is a little unbalanced, and it can be dangerous for the nymphs if they go to molt unexpectedly.

yeah only a problem if their molting can cause them to mismolt or they could kill them in molting but thats rare with me though!

i dont worry about how much im feeding them. i alwaz keep food in every ones cage at all times they are smart enough to know when to stop eating.

i dont worry about how much im feeding them. i alwaz keep food in every ones cage at all times they are smart enough to know when to stop eating.
The only problem with this is that the food could injure the mantis while its molting.

ive only done this for a year but so far no mismolts from the food has happened, ive had mismolts but there food was no where around to make it happen.

I dunno about everyboy else but i always keep a bunch of food in there cages just so they can have food avalaible all the time so i wont have to worry about them starving or something.But i have had some adult females die on me because of egg bound or its looks like they over ate but you can never know only the mantis lol. :p

Latest posts