Feeling depressed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie

Reaction score
It hurts everyday that i know my 6 year old cat will one day submit to Kidney failure. He's at stage four I am lucky to have him this long, my 17 year old cat died march 1st from a sudden heart attack. And my cat Jasmine is 19. I may lose all three in one year and its crushing me. They help with my anxiety and depression. And maybe losing all 3? Idk how I am gonna cope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for your losses. I understand the pain; I was nursing one of the strays near my house back to health and I came home from my final one day to find that he had suddenly died a few hours before. It's okay to cry and be crushed about it--it's not a terrible thing to feel sad when you lose something close to you. Time will help you heal.

Suffering from anxiety myself, I can understand how important distractions are. Have you tried crafts to help calm you down? I usually make Ojos De Dios to help me settle down during an attack. Physical exercise is a natural way to get those good chemicals pumping, too. Get a runner's high and see what I mean.

You can always PM me if you want to vent. Talking can do wonders for blowing off steam.

I feel like I should say something to comfort you, but words are nearly meaningless in such matters.

I really hope you have someone special and family and friends you can talk to in real life, give you a hug, just be there, and whatever else you need. If you want to you could always try talking with a therapist too. I know the one my niece has been talking to has been a help to her.

I'm really sorry about your sons, that is just terrible - and your cat too. I wish you the best Jessie.

@proserpina @CosbyArt I am talking about all cats, tho their like my kids. Sorry for not making it clear.
Ah that was something not in the original post. ;)

I know what you mean about your pets being your children though, as me and my wife view ours the same. Our oldest cat (Smokey) we got in the summer of 1998 so he is close to Jasmine in age; although, he is showing his age lately he is still a kitten at heart. Hopefully both will live many more years - as my mom had a cat (Pickles) that was 23 when she passed.

My mom got her cat as a young teenager, and I still remember playing with the cat as a kid (kind of unique I guess). :)

Latest posts