Female orchid massacre

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to my negligence. :( I lost both my gravid orchid females over the weekend to raccoons. On any normal day, i take some of my mantids outside to get some fresh air this time of year. My female orchids were kept in 12'' net cages with sticks, and wet paper towel on the bottom. I only leave them outside in my yard on my patio table during the day. I have always brought them in at night due to various critters such as, raccoons, skunks, and possums that might make a meal out of them. My brothers wedding was this past weekend. I had put the orchids outside that Saturday morning. I got caught up in all the drama and various tasks i needed to do to help out for the wedding on Sunday. I completely forgot to take them in when i got home Saturday night. Sunday morning i went into my yard to find the net cages all torn up and pieces of my orchids wings smeared on my patio table. I cant believe all it took was one night for them to be killed. :( It gets even better! The day before one of the orchid females laid a beautiful ooth. I left it in with her to dry before taking it out. It was destroyed as well. :( Now i'm just so pissed! :angry: It's payback time! :2guns: :gun_bandana:
how was the ooth destroyed ?