Female?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Male....right?
biggrin.gif
He flipped up his backside just right for this picture!
laugh.gif

IMGP5938.jpg

You aren't colorblind at all! Definitely more brown than green. He's right at about an inch, very tiny little thing. I didn't even know he had those wings until I was cropping the pictures I took because he's so small I couldn't see them! All these exotic breeds have me so confused! I think if I had one of each sex side by side I would have an easier time understanding which is which
happy.gif
Thanks guys! You all rock my socks off!
punk.gif
must be my computer´s monitor :p , haha

Well I got the female for Either Laura or Mr Mantid. You guys will have to work out which one of you gets it.

I just bought her an orchid flower yesterday now people want to buy her from me.

I kinda told Laura she has first dibs already but if she doesn't need her than she can go to Mr Mantid.

She's in good hands now and just molted yesterday. If you guys figure it out soon I can ship her this week, otherwise I'll wait for the next molt.

She is getting very large now.. almost too big for her deli cup soon.

mantis013.jpg

mantis026.jpg

orchidonorchid002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I can definatly tell the differance between males and female orchids from this pic. Looks like the females abdomen comes more to a tip, and has green coloring as opposed to the male ends which are more flat and has more of a dark greenish brown coloring. Awesome. What instar is this girly at?

Man I can definatly tell the differance between males and female orchids from this pic. Looks like the females abdomen comes more to a tip, and has green coloring as opposed to the male ends which are more flat and has more of a dark greenish brown coloring. Awesome. What instar is this girly at?
That's the main difference one if the sites Mexxico Ghost sited as the difference was the coloration. Seems like too simple a way to tell!

Well I have trouble counting segments on most of my mantids. I always count 7 lol :blink:

This here female orchid I count five segments, which must mean she has 6 :lol:

Fairly certain she's a female.

I can't count segments very well though I think all my other mantids are he/she's. :rolleyes: They must reproduce asexually. (j/k of course)

what is she if she smaller that an inch at sub adult then it is a male that is the essayist way to tell.

Well I have trouble counting segments on most of my mantids. I always count 7 lol :blink:

This here female orchid I count five segments, which must mean she has 6 :lol:

Fairly certain she's a female.

I can't count segments very well though I think all my other mantids are he/she's. :rolleyes: They must reproduce asexually. (j/k of course)
Its a girl, I can tell the difference now! :)

In other news my male subadult orchid just molted to adult, its a cool looking thing!! They grow alot faster than the chinese mantis.

Ok, need some more help with some more crebroters!

IMGP6517.jpg

IMGP6520.jpg

If I had to take a wild shot in the dark, I'd say they're both female, but I really have no basis for that. I suck at this! :lol: