Few small species

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After keeping some large species last year like Archimantis latistyla and Heterochaeta sp, i am going back to some smaller species again this time.

Yersiniops sp from central Texas feeding on springtails

L1_feed1.jpg

L1_feed3.jpg

L1_feed2.jpg

A. multicolor and Otomantis sp. hatching out recently

L1b.jpg

L1c.jpg

hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

OMG...when you say 'small', you mean SMALL! :blink:

The smallest I like are the Mios & Creos! Don't think I really want to get into springtails. ;)

Unfortunately the small hatchlings only dare to handle small insects, if it wasn't for springtails i wouldn't be able to raise and breed small species like Sinomantis denticulata and Tropidomantis sp :)

Here is a short clip of Yersiniop cf solitarium chasing springtails. Nothing close to Precarious video quality ;) as i have to shot, feed, and hold the camera at once...wish i have the third hand.

Nice photo thread, Yen. I'm feeling the same way [although not to the extent of excluding all larger options yet] but currently really into my Acontista multicolor - and breeding up my springtails in advance of others of similar size [ potentially including Yersiniops - so let me know if you have success in future ;) ]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty incredible! They look like little ants at an overnight tent campout in the hatch2 jpeg image. Where do you get the springtails Yen? :)

Last edited by a moderator: