final molt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
My sub adult Whalbergii molted last night, i woke up to a floral monster. She didn't have a sucsessful molt though her one wing must have dried up with a crease in it and she can't fold it up with the rest, is this a major problem?

I am a bit gutted :cry: but still chuffed that she made it.

JC

The wings can tend to get messed up from what I have seen with inverts, usually it is not a problem other than asthetically ;)

Cheers for the feedback,good to know.

:mrgreen:

A little of the subject but it saves space, I read that without mating they will still lay thier ooth and the ooth may even hatch!!!.

Is this a one in a million thing or is there anything i can do to try and make this happen effectively?

JC

A little of the subject but it saves space, I read that without mating they will still lay thier ooth and the ooth may even hatch!!!.Is this a one in a million thing or is there anything i can do to try and make this happen effectively?

JC
I have no plan on mating them

JC

I never mated the Stagmomantis or the Religiosa I had laast year.

Buuut they were both wild caught. The Limbata laid 3 ooths and 2 have hatched so far. My faaaaavorite bug ever, Thor the relgiosa. She laid 5, well 6 but the last one was way deformed and none of hers have hatched.

So while it has been said before that a few species can lay a viable ooth without mating, I havent seen it with the ooths I have.

thanks butterfly. i'll post if i have any luck with them.

Cheers for the reply :D

Latest posts