Finally! Adult Idolomantis!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
A big beautiful male, molted this morning. I can only imagine how big the females will be!

2990991826_c9604ab653.jpg

2990137539_9264731a47.jpg

Now just gotta wait for him to green up. :D

Congrate Andrew, worth the wait :) My male lives from 2 to 4 months so you have plenty of time to wait for an adult female, hope you will soon have your female. I remember my first female is just 2 weeks after the first adult male when kept in the same condition. I would increase humidity now and also after female produce the ootheca. Increasing humidity seems to "encourage" last molt and ootheca to hatch too. But for now, all the best for a smooth molting on all your female idolo.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Nice! How many males and females do you have?
4 males, 2 females. I'm very happy with the way that turned out. :)

Congrate Andrew, worth the wait :) My male lives from 2 to 4 months so you have plenty of time to wait for an adult female, hope you will soon have your female. I remember my first female is just 2 weeks after the first adult male when kept in the same condition. I would increase humidity now and also after female produce the ootheca. Increasing humidity seems to "encourage" last molt and ootheca to hatch too. But for now, all the best for a smooth molting on all your female idolo.
Thanks, definitely worth the wait. :D All of mine seemed to molt to subadult at different times, but then again I didn't keep track very well. :rolleyes:

I'll measure the humidity and see what I can do about raising it a bit. Thanks for the tips.

Latest posts