Finally getting busy! D. dessicata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ismart

Reaction score
IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

I could not get any better pics without disturbing them.

Good luck with yours! I had one female that lived with two males in a terrarium. She mated with one of them on a regular basis, but the ooths she laid did not hatch. Both males lived a long time and died of old age.

Good luck with yours! I had one female that lived with two males in a terrarium. She mated with one of them on a regular basis, but the ooths she laid did not hatch. Both males lived a long time and died of old age.
There mom is still alive. These guys have a crazy long life span. She was mated twice and only laid one fertile ooth. All the rest were duds.

There mom is still alive. These guys have a crazy long life span. She was mated twice and only laid one fertile ooth. All the rest were duds.
I just had my first experience of a mother living long enough to see her children mate and lay an ooth (with my Sibylla Pretiosa), It's pretty crazy. If she can hang on for another 45 days she may live to be a grandmother!

I just had my first experience of a mother living long enough to see her children mate and lay an ooth (with my Sibylla Pretiosa), It's pretty crazy. If she can hang on for another 45 days she may live to be a grandmother!
I hope so that would be cool. I was almost tempted to try and mate mother and son just for sick kicks, but she is so old. I figured it would be a waste.

I hope so that would be cool. I was almost tempted to try and mate mother and son just for sick kicks, but she is so old. I figured it would be a waste.
The same thought crossed my mind too :shifty:

She's still producing tiny ooths but I think she ran out of "Baby Gravy" a while ago.

I could breed some Oedipal mantids :blush:

The same thought crossed my mind too :shifty:

She's still producing tiny ooths but I think she ran out of "Baby Gravy" a while ago.

I could breed some Oedipal mantids :blush:
u would be surprised actuallyi had a brown ghost gal mate only once and her 10th ooth, a tiny stub smaller than a pea, hatched like 12 nymphs 2 weeks ago

Latest posts