Finally...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamakiri

Reaction score
After over a year break in doing any breeding...

And thanks to joeho for the male from back in January! Glad they both survived this long to mate :)

5612397942_33441372c4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Grant! I hope your female lays you an ooth. Unfortunately, my female was mated twice and never laid me an ooth since December.

Then I really hope to have an ooth or nymphs to share! :D

She laid 1 sometime in Feb, I think...after a few unsuccessful mating attempts...so I'm sure that one is infertile. But at least I know she is capable of laying.

Thanks again Joe :)

Edit:

They've separated this afternoon and she's 'mixing' or moving her valves/ovipositor...usually a sign of a successful mating.

5611847663_8fff5d6462.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! :) I hope she lays you many ooths! And just keep me in mind, should you need to sell any nymphs off in the future! :p

Another ooth??!
First fertile one, but second total. :) I should also mention that I gave her a good misting today in the newer enclosure. I think it was generally more humid in the 32 oz tub she grew up in and laid the first ooth. So I thought she might need more to drink or just humidity in general. Might also be coincidence...

If I get a second fertile ooth it will be yours. If I'm not that lucky, I'll give you half the nymphs from this one.

First fertile one, but second total. :) I should also mention that I gave her a good misting today in the newer enclosure. I think it was generally more humid in the 32 oz tub she grew up in and laid the first ooth. So I thought she might need more to drink or just humidity in general. Might also be coincidence...

Sounds good to me. :)

If I get a second fertile ooth it will be yours. If I'm not that lucky, I'll give you half the nymphs from this one.

Don't feel too bad, if the first one is not fertile. But the second one, unless there is something weird happening, will be a good one. I bought a D. dessicata ooth and paid dearly for it, and nothing has come of the incubation of it. So now I am acquiring a few nymphs to see if I can grow them out to adulthood and then... Good luck to you! Nice pictures.

Are you going to need to move the ooth from that location? If so how difficult will it be to do so?

Latest posts