First Chimera Monkeys Created Using 6 Differen't Embryos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, of course, you're right. In addition to the regular press, Sunny got a cuppla news feeds and there will no doubt be coverage in the NYT science section tomorrow. I think that Lunarstorm may have been looking for a scientific source, I know that I was. This kind of cloning has been going on for at least half a century, and I understand that they have always, of necessity, used totipotent stem cells -- is that your understanding, too? -- and I was interested to discover what new challenges the cloning of primates presents to make the experiment's success so newsworthy and why you wanted to bring it to our attention. So regale us with the scientific details and give us some food for discussion. Thanks!

Let's be careful about how we talk to others on this site. There is no need to be nasty. I issued out a nice dose of warn points to those of you who want to be rude and disrespectful. You know who you are. Max out your points and you're gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!! They are an abomination! Burn them! Burn now! Or God will smite us all!!! :lol: They are cute! In a creepy kinda way. Forget cloning monkeys. they should do something useful like cloning me a new liver so i can drink more. :rolleyes:

OMG!!! They are an abomination! Burn them! Burn now! Or God will smite us all!!! :lol: They are cute! In a creepy kinda way. Forget cloning monkeys. they should do something useful like cloning me a new liver so i can drink more. :rolleyes:
hahhahahah!

LOL I think they are almost there. Did you know they successfully implanted an artificial memory system in rats? What's next is monkeys then US? The matrix could now be reality. "I know Kung Fu".

No the point is we now know what we are capable of doing, Maybe creating something like half ape/ half human? I hope not though! Cute monkeys indeed though! But they're still abominations to me.
You should worry less about such a rare ocurrance as this and more about the abominations created in the billions in the name of factory farming. You put those abominations in your mouth every day.

foodincchicken.jpg

chickens-4.jpg

Factory-Farming-Pigs-e1283179084366.jpg

540x360_pigs_gc_fs.jpg

27bittman.xlarge1.jpg

if there were not experiments there would not be advancements in medicine or science. just food for thought.

LOL I think they are almost there. Did you know they successfully implanted an artificial memory system in rats? What's next is monkeys then US? The matrix could now be reality. "I know Kung Fu".
Cool! I could use a better memory system too! New liver, new memory. The future is looking bright for me! :lol:

You should worry less about such a rare ocurrance as this and more about the abominations created in the billions in the name of factory farming. You put those abominations in your mouth every day.

foodincchicken.jpg

chickens-4.jpg

Factory-Farming-Pigs-e1283179084366.jpg

540x360_pigs_gc_fs.jpg

27bittman.xlarge1.jpg
thank you for bringing this up. this is animal cruelty and a miss use of science. thats why eat only grass feed organic steak. yum!!

poor animals :(

I think we should only eat animals that lived a normal, healthy life

not those living in cramped cages and fed diets that make them grow huge

is anyone else worried this "factory farming" is bad for our health?

if you ask me, nature worked fine without our interference, no need to fix something that isnt broken

Latest posts