First Life Cycle Complete!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamonger

Reaction score
I'm so pumped. Miss Frizzle's (Chinese Mantis) one and only ooth laid on April 26 2017 hatched last night! That marks my first complete mantis cycle. Its been one heck of a fascinating adventure and I look forward to more mantis madness for years to come :D

There seems to be about 50 or so nymphs but I am not convinced they have all hatched as only half of the 'zipper' seems to be open. Hoping for a few more over the next few days. Its always so surprising just how tiny L1 nymphs are no mater how many times you see them. 

I finally got myself a little clip on macro lens for my camera and I am very pleased with the results. Still a bit fuzzy but the lighting was horrible, I can push it to do better!

Here are a few pics of my bitty little mantis grandbabies.

L1%20Macro.jpg

L1%20Macro%202.jpg

Nice!! Congrats....always a great feeling when you are able to successfully complete the full cycle.

Amazing! Congrats! While many may think it routine; I think you have accomplished what most mantis keepers only dream of.    

Latest posts