First steps

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevesm

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My name is Steve Smith and I'm in IT Support. I've loved insects forever but my real passion is Photography. Combining the two gives me endless pleasure :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/destinysagent/

I'd like to keep mantids as specimens to photograph primarily but I have to say I'm just bowled over by their beauty. I'm not sure where I'll put them yet, space is at a premium in my one room place. Still, difficulties are there to overcome. I will probably have many questions soon but for now I'll browse.

See you in the Forum!

Welcome i like your pictures. The best mantids to take pictures of are orchids, and flower mantids but all mantids are fun to photograph also.

Hi Robo,

Yeah, I love the Orchid mantis already. I remember seeing them on a wildlife programme on TV ages ago. How beautiful. I love the #9 and the Violin mantises too :)

hi steve,

i got into mantids about a year ago but started keepin em about 6 month ago,

ive fallen in love with them that much i cant stop

my freinds call me mantis boy, how funny

loving the pictures mate carry on

yes i do but the problem is they need updating because some have molted recently and my pictures need updating plus the pictures ive gt are pretty blurry but here they are:

IMAGE_029.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg

IMAGE_027.jpg

IMAGE_026.jpg
IMAGE_024.jpg

IMAGE_025.jpg

IMAGE_023.jpg

IMAGE_022.jpg

IMAGE_021.jpg

thank you and its alright always nice to find some one with the same passion i will be taking picvctures of them with a digital camera so the pictures ill post tommorrow will be much much better

I look forward to seeing them :)

I'm off to bed now. Long boring day ahead of me tomorrow (long story!)

Wow! What a set of pics and lovely Mantises :) I love the one with the triangular abdomen and head-dress.

I think I need to be careful. If I get 'into' Mantises bigtime, they'll take over. I've already noticed people with long collection lists, I can see why now!

Thanks for posting the pics Danny

thanks and its okay to be taken over by mantises lol :lol:

there are some very inquisative species and most of the time interest me more than reptiles

Latest posts