First time Mantis daddy XD

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynny

Reaction score
Over the winter I was w/ my uncle picking spikes for ice fishing. They are small grubs that burrow into the stem of goldenrods. I found two mantis egg sacks. I left them outside until about two weeks ago, I then put them in a 10 gal aquarium with cloth over the top so they couldn't escape. They hatched today and they are all over the tank. lol On my way to the pet store now so I can get them their first meal. I'm so excited as I've wanted to do this since I was a child. Happy to be part of the club and I will update w/ some pics soon.

Welcome to the forum. Your babies should be fine for the first couple days with a light spraying of warm water for drinking. They should start eating after about 3 days. Good luck.

Oh! so much excitement with new babies! once u open the lid, there is....... no..... turning...............................................bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :p

Welcome. Whatever happens with those don't get discouraged. You will see what I mean. :D

Welcome, welcome! I'd be interested to know where you are, so that we can figure out what kind of mantids you have there! (Or you could just take a pic of the ooth...it'd be easier, probably, to identify that way!)

You're gonna' be hooked, now, btw! Just a warning! :p