Flapping wings?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babynik14

Reaction score
So.. my mantis has never liek tried to fly for flap her wings or whatever she was doing but she was for the first tiem tonight.. i wanted to know is this normal? what is she trying to do ./. fly away or somethign?? haha it was crazy

I doubt she'll fly away because she's a she. Females are too fat to fly well enough to go anywhere. It's probably nothing to worry about.

Don't be mistaken. I know for a fact that young adult female chinese can fly quite well if they have to. But as soon as they gain weight they can't. In your case random wing flapping is normal.

okay good and shes an african female.. and i stuffed her full so i hope she doesnt fly that would scare the heck out of me thats hte last thing i need is to not find her cause seh flew away somewhere

no, flapping wings is most surely a bad sign. that means your mantis is about to die and will explode. the more times it flaps it wings, the bigger the explosion.