Florida bark mantis and Florida ant mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You better pamper those babies! :p :p

I'm not sure when they naturally hatch here in Florida, I'm guessing it is spring time, which is pretty warm. And Florida is always humid.

Here are few native mantis I received from Paul. It was unfortunate that the M. maya couldn't make it during shipment, but the bark mantis looks very lively. Finally i have my hands on this nice species again.

Here is the dead Mantoida maya, this is the first time for me so not too sure if it is a F or M.

Too bad there aren't many documentation on this species. I received two pdf file from Dr. Yager on this species, which I believed you can be found in internet too. Anyone interested with the little document on this species welcome to PM me.
[SIZE=12pt]Mantoida maya[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Saussure & Zehntner, 1894[/SIZE] female

[SIZE=12pt]Distal margin of terminal sternites straight in male, emarginated in female. [/SIZE]

“Praying Mantises of the United States and Canada”

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Praying-Mantises-of-the-United-States-and-Canada

Great pics Kris. Wish I had an interest in mantis when I lived in Florida. Spent a lot of time around Canaveral not catching fish. LOL Could have been hunting mantis.

I hope those ant mantids make their way over across the atlantic, we got the asian ants here but those from florida had some wicked colours on 'em!

Latest posts