Florida Bark Mantis currently are mating!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Well i guess Phil had a no boys over rule when he watched them for me over the summer :lol: !!!

Because earlier i had they cages open feeding them wingless blue bottle flies and a male made a run at one of my females but he missed and hit my arm i thought he was just practicing..... well just now i was feeding some honey and water and one of the males saw a female on the top of her cage and slowly started creeping towards her well a few minutes later he made a flying leap landing backwards but quickly righted himself well now they are mating and so far no one has been munched so that is good. Tried to get pictures but both of my cameras are dead.... so I will try again tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i guess Phil had a no boys over rule when he watched them for me over the summer :lol: !!!Because earlier i had they cages open feeding them wingless blue bottle flies and a male made a run at one of my females but he missed and hit my arm i thought he was just practicing..... well just now i was feeding some honey and water and one of the males saw a female on the top of her cage and slowly started creeping towards her well a few minutes later he made a flying leap landing backwards but quickly righted himself well now they are mating and so far no one has been munched so that is good. Tried to get pictures but both of my cameras are dead.... so I will try again tomorrow.
Lock them up Chase! When two of your three females eclosed on 0801, I explained to them that 1) I hoped to have them home before they were ready to mate and

2) that they should practice continence until 0821. Apparently they remembered 1) and forgot 2)! :D I'm delighted for you, Chase! I look forward to seeing the pix, and say Hi to Golden for me.

He did it..... he made it away with his head on his shoulders.

I took some pictures but i forgot how to up load photos on photo bucket...... so i will try again later.

I have a pair I just got. Something wrong with the female though but I hope she pulls through so I can breed them.

Floridabarkadults001.jpg

Floridabarkadults002.jpg

Floridabarkadults003.jpg

Floridabarkadults004.jpg

Floridabarkadults006.jpg

Floridabarkadults007.jpg

Floridabarkadults008.jpg

Floridabarkadults009.jpg

The "happy" couple and if my parents ask this is vocabulary homework :blink: ......

wow, like a 2 year old learning to talk, i only understood a 3rd of what was said there LOL. Words like that make me feel humble lol ;)

My female disappeared! :eek:

Eh, Phil? :p

I sent her to Phil (along with some other things), and he didn't find her in the box. I think maybe her little cup went out with the rest of the crumpled newspaper for cushioning. I believe I need to revise my packing practices. I just bought some colored tissue paper that I'm going to start wrapping mantids and things in... instead of using newspaper for wrapping the items along with crumpled newspaper for cushioning.

It's not just Phil... I've had a couple other instances of people not finding things (at least at first) in the box that I knew I'd packed in there.

Latest posts