Flower mantid just moulted

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartH

Reaction score
:D Thought I would get some pics after its recent moult..tried some different lighting effects as well..

STU_0329.jpg

STU_0323.jpg

STU_0327.jpg

STU_0332.jpg

STU_0337.jpg

STU_0338.jpg

STU_0351.jpg

STU_0358.jpg

What diffuser do you use?..I was going for a sto-fen...got any samples of your diffused images?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a sb600 nikon speedlite,thinking of getting the sto-fen..cheers everyone else for the comments..

I use a sb600 nikon speedlite,thinking of getting the sto-fen..cheers everyone else for the comments..
sto-fen are ######..dont botther your be wasting your money..go for lumerqest mini soft box.trouble with sto-fen is the plastic is the same size as the flash head..what you need is a diffuser thats bigger than the end so the light gets evenly dispersed. http://www.lumiquest.com/lq951.htm

Please pardon my ignorance, but in general, how do you tell that is a male?

number of segments on its abdomen

Yeah the best way with this species is to count the spines on the abdomen 5 spines for a female 6+ spines for a male.

sto-fen are ######..dont botther your be wasting your money..go for lumerqest mini soft box.trouble with sto-fen is the plastic is the same size as the flash head..what you need is a diffuser thats bigger than the end so the light gets evenly dispersed. http://www.lumiquest.com/lq951.htm
Cheers for that mate.. I must admit had looked at the soft box but the sto-fen gets rave reviews..have you compared both side by side?

Do you use the lumiquest? By the way nice pic..does look a tad soft though..what macro lens do you use?

Well after Macro junkies comment I looked into the lumiquest and will deffo be getting next week..thought I would try using a bounce card to tame the flash some and quite pleased..its no softbox but it certainly helped..

STU_0404.jpg

STU_0421.jpg

STU_0444.jpg

STU_0473.jpg

Latest posts