Fluker's cricket quencher

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revmdn

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on this product? I've been using it for a little while with no problems. I just don't know if the added calcium could be an issue for the mantid. This product seem to be targeted at crickets that will be feed to lizards. Thanks.

I didn't think to check for that. Thanks, and I will now. Does anyone know if the calcium will hurt mantids?

I'm still new to this and I'm trying to do what's best for them, sorry if it's kind of a silly question. With all the gut loading that goes on I've never heard( or read) of anyone speak of calcium. Thanks for any and all input, ya'll are great, or as we say in Philly "you's guys".

Not a silly question at all...and I looked at the bottle on my way out and it says "original" and the stuff is blue. Wish it wasn't dyed...but if I remember correctly the others were yellow and/or orange.

Junk. Don't waste your money. Use a small, shallow gravel filled dish. For food feed leafy greens and dry dog food. Use dry oatmeal as a substrate.

I dont know about the other types but Ive used the flukers orange cubes for my crickets and roaches and nothing will eat it unless there starving. The only time I have seen anything actually eat it is when I got an order of 1k crickets I put some in right after opening the box and they ate it, but then I put a potatoe in it and they never touched the orange cubes again. I would say its a complete waste of money unless you just like your enclosures to smell kinda like tang lol.

Junk. Don't waste your money. Use a small, shallow gravel filled dish. For food feed leafy greens and dry dog food. Use dry oatmeal as a substrate.
While I agree in principle, since I mainly use it for vacations...I think it depends on the individual and his or her schedule. I normally use a cut/folded piece of paper towel in a dish, but that could also be considered wasteful??? I think it serves its purpose well for those inclined to use it.

Totally agree on the oatmeal substrate. Cheap and easy.

Along with using cricket chop from mantis place, I use these cricket cubes from my local pet store that are safe for insects and reptiles. The only reason I even have them is because I had to resort to crickets when I ran out of flies one day and had no other food to feed the crickets. The crickets really enjoy them, though, and devour them before lettuce, cricket chop, or whatever else I feed them. I give my crickets a huge variety of food to eat, including, but not limited to, romaine lettuce, dog/cat food, cricket chop, cricket cubes, other leafy greens, and dry oatmeal which doubles as a substrate. I also dip the cricket cubs in a bee pollen mix to give the mantids extra nutrients. I use a portion cup with humidity foam for water/humidity. Hope this helps.

I don't raise crickets, but when I have them around for a while I put fish food crumbled small in the bag with them, and mist with my mist bottle once a day.

I keep them near the cieling by a magnet stuck to a piece of metal in the wall, with the plastic bag I get them in from the pet store.

I will probably start to breed them, when I can get a place to keep them far enough away so I don't have to hear them.

Thanks for the oatmeal substrate tip.

I don't raise crickets, but when I have them around for a while I put fish food crumbled small in the bag with them, and mist with my mist bottle once a day.I keep them near the cieling by a magnet stuck to a piece of metal in the wall, with the plastic bag I get them in from the pet store.

I will probably start to breed them, when I can get a place to keep them far enough away so I don't have to hear them.

Thanks for the oatmeal substrate tip.
They do love fish food though I don't mist mine. They get a water dish.

Latest posts