Fluorescent Lighting?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought the little black dot was at the back of the eye, basically where the receptor nerve attaches.

My oldest mantis has "burned" eyes. I don't know how it happened because I don't give it any light other than the ambient lighting.

I have two nymphs that have eyes that got damaged by other more fierce Mantids in the jar. Ive seperated them into a tank of their own and one of them just shed and his eyes are both fine now.

It's amazing how they jist shed everythign off. Now Im just hoping the one that lost a leg can regrow it in the next few sheds.

I don’t think a florescent light would be an issue but I think that it shouldn’t be left on 24/7. I think everything needs a night and day cycle. I leave my UV light on my reptiles for 12 hours out of the day then its night time :D I would think it should be the same for insect as well. You can find timers at Wal-Mart for like $5 that way you never forget to turn them off.

Latest posts