flys wont hatch for another day or so.can i feed them a maggot each for now?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
i have 2 Q..

1.can i feed my Idolomantis Diabolica a maggot each to get them by till the flys hatch?

2.normnally i buy casters..this time i bought maggots.do i leave them in box to hatch in 80f?i remember someone saying they put maggots in fridge?i know if u put casters in frdge u can put off hatching but maggots?

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is, will they take it ? And how long is it since the last time you fed them. It's better to let them go for another day without food, than to stress them with forcefeeding them maggots..

The question is, will they take it ? And how long is it since the last time you fed them. It's better to let them go for another day without food, than to stress them with forcefeeding them maggots..
they both hasn't had any food for few days as they just moulted..and there aldermens are very very thin..i just got a maggot and put it in front of them..didnt force them..just put it 2 inchs in front..he went right for it..il just give them 1 each for now and hope my flys hatch tomorow..i need to get a bit more organized with the fly hatching..

I keep maggots in the fridge. They keep for a good while. I take out how many I want and let them pupate. Soon as they are flies I get out more. This way I always have flies on hand.

I keep maggots in the fridge. They keep for a good while. I take out how many I want and let them pupate. Soon as they are flies I get out more. This way I always have flies on hand.
ok.im about to pm u rick im worried about somthing

Latest posts