• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale/trade: Psytalla horrida (Horrid King Assassin Bug) nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jseng

Reaction score
I've decided to downsize my collection and call it quits on keeping a few species, so I've got some extra L2 Psytalla horrida--that is, Horrid King Assassin Bug--nymphs who need new homes! Regardless of whether you're a hardcore true-bug head or just little assassin-bug curious, I can almost guarantee that these active, hardy, and voracious insect beauties will quickly become of the jewels of your collection, and one of your favorite predatory invert species, period!

For all your true-bug newbs our there, P. horrida aren't just the largest assassins in the hobby (females regularly achieve nearly 2" in body length, with males usually not far behind), they're actually the largest assassin bugs known to science! Their massive size, combined with their fierce, bizarre, "sci-fi movie monster"-like physical features--including bulbous black eyes, spikes sticking out of their heads and thorax, bright red flame- and spot-shaped markings on their legs and forewings, and a hooked, beak-like rostrum that juts out from their faces and curves underneath their thin heads--make these entertaining, easy to care for, and simple to breed insects one of the most impressive yet practical display species that an invert lover can keep!

If you want to own a group Horrid Kings yourself, I have nymphs available at the rate of $20 each for the first two specimens of every order (in other words, $40 total for the initial group of 2 nymphs; please note that 2 nymphs are also the minimum purchase per order), then $15 each for every specimen purchased beyond that. For example, an order of 3 nymphs (which would be billed as 2@$40 + 1@$15) = $55 total4 nymphs (billed as 2@$20 + 2@$15) = $70 total5 nymphs (billed as 2@$20 + 3@$15) = $85 total; and so on and so forth.

I have a limited number of these, but if you get to me early, wholesale may be available. Additionally, I am open to potential trades for large and colorful mantids, Ts, scorpions, centipedes, whipspiders, and just about any other predatory creepy crawlie in the hobby. Please feel free to DM me with offers, questions about specimens or my TOS, requests for pics, or any other concerns you might have. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts