For you Metal fans.......

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are only two Metallyticus species bred in captivity. M. splendidus and M. violaceus (this was previously misidentified as M. fallax).

Good luck with them.
No, sorry man there are Fallax in the hobby both here in very few numbers and in in the aisan and uk hobbies. Not violaceus I have it and the splendidus I'm talking about fallox with the triangular yellow markings going down it. I will share some pics when I snag them. To be honest I like the violaceus more but having such the addiction I do the metallyticus species I would like to work with all three.

Wonderful. Only last week was I reading about metallic mantids and here you have the best pictures I've seen. Thanks for posting them. They seem like they would be very quick runners and flyers and hard to handle.

No, sorry man there are Fallax in the hobby both here in very few numbers and in in the aisan and uk hobbies. Not violaceus I have it and the splendidus I'm talking about fallox with the triangular yellow markings going down it. I will share some pics when I snag them. To be honest I like the violaceus more but having such the addiction I do the metallyticus species I would like to work with all three.
Ok, thanks for the informantion. I never saw pictures of captive bred M. fallax.

I am really looking forward to see some pictures here.

Yes , 100% in culture as I will post my adults as they become so you can see the difference between violacious actually I like the M.F female better but the vio male better as MF males are black and clear winged were vio males are metallic blue green legs but splendidas takes them all at least I like them best all easy to care for past L3 its a no brainer :) ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Any adults of M. fallax in comparison with M. violaceus yet? Weired if M. fallax are bred in captivity and not a singele picture is available here or elsewere.

Thanks!

That seems a bit naive, After all, noone knew I had M. splendidus, gongy, truncata, theopompa even pachymantis and many others here until I shared. I wouldnt expect others to share pics of Fallax but I will ask. Its just asking for a headache and long list of sales inquiries. Some people are just hobbyists, and there are available pictures Ive seen them and aren't you the one who said people were confused between Violaceus and Fallax and for you to say people are confusing the two wouldnt you have to know the differences between them? If I remember right you did not.

Im waiting patiently for some M. fallax, when I have them I will post shots for all of all three together.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
It is simple. Some people say they have M. fallax and at least one person wrote that he will post pictures (is this the headache and the long list of inquiries?). And I am just asking if the promised pictures are available now.

I know that IGM stock 160 Metallyticus violaceus was misidentified as M. fallax when it was imported in 2009. All pictures I know (google etc.) that are named M. fallax show specimens identical to M. violaceus (the type material).

If people show the right M. fallax we will know the difference.

Cheers

Well I do not have them to photograph, even so I will ask for some shots. Im am waiting for some as well.

The best part of this is it will prove my point about people not wanting the attention or headache, I can tell you just from posting the splendidus shots I received well over a hundred pm's and emails about them so what do you think is instore for the person who posts the even rarer metal species.

Shut up and take my money!

ha ha, but really man, awesome job. I wish you the best of luck with them. Hopefully you can get a 2nd gen going

Yes me too I really want to see pictures.But I do not think we will get any since ChrisP never ever posted pictures of anything he says he has haha....
What does it mean? Does it mean there are no "fallax" in captivity? Without any pictures that are not M. violaceus it seem all the rumors are only misidentifications.

Female and male of Metallyticus violaceus

1280_6538623765656166.jpg

1280_3932366262386664.jpg

Female and male of Metallyticus splendidus

1280_3335316234643937.jpg

1280_3538333438383232.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts