Forum member becomes mantis scientist!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilinYuma

Reaction score
Ah, I'm a happy old guy! This is just a quick update on our old (young) friend Superfreak for old timers who remember her fondly. The last time I mentioned her was last summer when she had graduated from Sydney uni and was getting ready to do an honors year at Macquarie working on genital chirality in Ciulfina rentzi. She went to QLD in April to find the collecting area flooded (remember? that was the disaster before the disaster before the last disaster). She collected C baldersoni locally, instead, and started doing genital morphometrics and had to modify the C. retzi microstats. All went well and she crossed each of her females with right and left handed males, and then her males, followed by the females developed a necrotic disease and died. But she is back on track now (not sure how, Ciulfina sp are univoltine as you would expect), and expects to visit Greg Holwell, discussed on this forum some time ago, who is now "exiled" in the uni at Auckland, next year.

I had lost contact with her, mostly because I turned Chat off last time I worked on the computer months ago and because she hates Emails. I have known her since she was just starting college and doing surprisingly badly for such a seriously bright woman, and then she rallied in her final year and is now a real live Mantis Scientist! I had not realized how i missed her and the torrents of information that we exchange until I heard from her this evening.

O.K. now i can go to bed!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&...g&sig2=3Y4XTlbZY67fkz0Izx-hnQ&cad=rja

Latest posts