Found a few egg cases and new to this

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrev

Reaction score
I found a couple of mantis egg sacks while pulling out a few bushes. What can I do to preserve them? I enjoy macro photography and would like to capture their life cycle. Also I would like to bring one egg case to my friends house. All advice is appreciated.

Hi Ray, and welcome to the forum. :) Take a gander at the Breeding and Nymph Care section, get a tall drink, and start reading, lol. You'll find the basics and lots of helpful info in past threads. Once you do a little beginner's research, and then still have specific questions... fire away! ;)

Hi Ray, and welcome to the forum. :) Take a gander at the Breeding and Nymph Care section, get a tall drink, and start reading, lol. You'll find the basics and lots of helpful info in past threads. Once you do a little beginner's research, and then still have specific questions... fire away! ;)
Thanks for a starting point.

Re: photos

I've been photographing the Cases every day and would love to post images but, I lost my laptop to a glass of water and am waiting on my new one :( though I'll see what I can do.

Welcome Ray, Where abouts are you from? Just take a pair of clippers and snip the branch the ooth is on that u want to move and leave enough to tape or tie onto a branch in your friends yard, unless u r putting it in a contaier to hatch, if so then glue the branch onto the cup lid and mist a few times a week till hatching.

Welcome. If they have already hatched there is nothing you need to do to preserve them as ooths will last a long time especially indoors.

Latest posts