Found near home....Oregon

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found part of them in Ashland OR and find a lot around home but they are usually on grassy hillsides under rocks or bark oddly enough it seems that everywhere I collect them is near railroad tracks...

Hooded harvestman??

874080F7-EC22-4D19-B555-C6742F077A52-133-0000026733A8DAA8.jpg

I have to chuckle each time I read the Interests section under your Photo where is says "unless it's a tick". You were 200% better than the rest of us in tick collecting last weekend!

I thought so as well :) they are all currently living together I have about six of the millipedes and only the one geo...

On another note I spotted another one of those giant moths but it evaded me :( if only I were 20 foot tall some times ;)

Your deductive reasoning skills are increasingly acute, Agent, and you may be right, but I have the secret advantage of having spent 3 days collecting with him less than a month ago where we discussed the moths he typically sees in his yard. ;)

There are videos on YouTube of frogs fall from the sky. Isn't that stranger any month of the year than Hyalophora in November?

Thank you though for introducing me to the word "univoltine"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your deductive reasoning skills are increasingly acute, Agent, and you may be right, but I have the secret advantage of having spent 3 days collecting with him less than a month ago where we discussed the moths he typically sees in his yard. ;)

There are videos on YouTube of frogs fall from the sky. Isn't that stranger any month of the year than Hyalophora in November?

Thank you though for introducing me to the word "univoltine"!
Time to pack my bags and high tail it to oregon then :cowboy:

I remember when i was younger i was at a nature preserve and we found littered swallowtail wings around a bird nest site and i was the only one who could ID each species

The looks the other kids gave me... :lol:

ok peter is probably right on hyalophora columbia but i think in your area, the subspecies hyalophora columbia gloveri is more likely than columbia columbia

but i'm not there so wat do i know? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts