=.=" Found this on the web ... thats one big Mama mama.....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if that is a child holding it, that is one big bulky mantid! I'd say it is in the 10-12 cm range if that is a kid. Looks to be in Papua New Guinea or somewhere in that area?

Cool Ya I'm From Taiwan but I live In Canada Toronto now
Nice! If you read Chinese, notice the person made couple of mistakes on post 28 and 29 on the link posted. Calling Arizona unicorn mantis a Texas unicorn mantis on 28 and calling the female orchid mantis a male (stated the size of 3 cm!) on 29. Both also happened to be my pics.

How are we old folks supposed to read simplified Chinese, Yen? I see that there are a lot of guesses about the size of the original mantis, but doesn't the poster say 15-20cm? I'm not sure how he came to that figure, though, since he says (I think!) that nothing else is known about the mantis in this pic.

Nice! If you read Chinese, notice the person made couple of mistakes on post 28 and 29 on the link posted. Calling Arizona unicorn mantis a Texas unicorn mantis on 28 and calling the female orchid mantis a male (stated the size of 3 cm!) on 29. Both also happened to be my pics.
Ya Yen I can Read Chinese :) Ya the Poster is jokes ... sound like the Mantis is so big they will end the world... lol

How are we old folks supposed to read simplified Chinese, Yen? I see that there are a lot of guesses about the size of the original mantis, but doesn't the poster say 15-20cm? I'm not sure how he came to that figure, though, since he says (I think!) that nothing else is known about the mantis in this pic.
YES i did say I think... but looking at the Pic .... the Mantis is easy over 15cm... even if is a child holding it , which seem like a man's arm to me not a child...

Usually the complaint comes from old chinese folks but i have no doubt you understand both simplified and tranditional Chinese :cowboy:
YES i did say I think... but looking at the Pic .... the Mantis is easy over 15cm... even if is a child holding it , which seem like a man's arm to me not a child...
The mantis is placed closer to the camera which make it appear to be larger. It is still a HUGE mantis.

Maybe that guy bit them off? You know i heard mantids taste a lot like shrimp? I may have to cook some up one day. I know Peter would try it, :p

Supposedly one of the petstores down here has an 8 inch Asian Mantis and the measurements are not including the legs but from the top of the head to tip of the butt. I got into a semi dispute over it with of of the store owners at a reptile convention about a month back. If the store wasn't an hour drive away I would be tempted to go and see this eight inch mantis prove the guy wrong.

Supposedly one of the petstores down here has an 8 inch Asian Mantis and the measurements are not including the legs but from the top of the head to tip of the butt. I got into a semi dispute over it with of of the store owners at a reptile convention about a month back. If the store wasn't an hour drive away I would be tempted to go and see this eight inch mantis prove the guy wrong.
Cool if you can find the pIc post it love to 8 inch Mantis,.

Latest posts