• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Freshly dead mantids wanted!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeatzee

Reaction score
As some of you know, im really into macro photography. Check out my flickr link in my signature to see some examples (might have to go through a few pages). I've been practicing a technique called deep stacking where you take usually 50-XXX images of an insect and combine them in a software to get the maximum image quality allowed by the laws of physics. I need the subjects to be dead (usually) to do this, so thats where you guys come in. I haven't had any mantids in a year or so and unfortunately have no funds to purchase any (i'd love to keep some living ones again :( ). I know when i had them (before I knew about deep stacking) I just threw them away letting a small tear drop once they died unexpectedly :(

So.... if you have a beautiful mantid that just had a recent unexpected death I'd LOVE to have it, so it can live again through the images B) . The images will be of its head so as long as its head is on/undamaged and nice and straight(ish) its eligible to be shot :) Message me or post a comment here if you think you have any that you'd be willing to send my way (socal).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts