Freshly laid ghost ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! I really hope they keep their heads! I had a female pre-sub ghost molt last night. I got to watch the whole thing!

- MantisGirl13

Ooth number five was just laid a few minutes ago and this time it was on a regular stick that isn't glued to anything...finally! And yeah, pretty sure a difference of a few degrees isn't determining where she chooses to put it. Last time it was directly under the heat of the light and now it's no where near the light. The bulb is a full spectrum compact fluorescent so it doesn't produce much heat to begin with, it only raises the area directly underneath it 2 or 3 degrees.

Well, I'm glad that ooth #5 was laid in an easy spot! I guess that they will lay anywhere that is handy. I will have to keep that in mind when mine molt to adult.

- MantisGirl13

Ooth #6 was laid in the same exact spot as #4, directly under the light on the dowel rods supporting the screen. Fortunately, I learned from last time and only used minimal glue to secure it so it won't be difficult to pry up and replace with a new dowel.

This ooth is only half the length of all the previous ootheca. Are there any factors that affect the length of the ooth? Do they get shorter if not re-mated? 

That is funny, that she chose to lay in the same spot again!

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts