Friend found me a mantis!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opivy

Reaction score
I know there's been lots of threads like this in the past. Found in San Diego, Very small nymph, this guys most distinctive feature are his very long back legs. He's been able to take down small crickets, molted once since I got him. I think he's l2 or l3 because he's very small.

what else to say, until I get a camera to post a pic - The top part of his body is a brownish green with a light stomach. He's really slender and long.

Thanks in advance!

I know there's been lots of threads like this in the past. Found in San Diego, Very small nymph, this guys most distinctive feature are his very long back legs. He's been able to take down small crickets, molted once since I got him. I think he's l2 or l3 because he's very small.

what else to say, until I get a camera to post a pic - The top part of his body is a brownish green with a light stomach. He's really slender and long.

Thanks in advance!
Thank you! These are always nice posts. So what do you think? A Stagmomantis sp.? Maybe the elusive S. californica! The black legs kinda sound like our old friend S. limbata, though.

not black, long back... fool =p

-edit... No reason to be a ###### -

was going to post a picture, but I just lost the little dude =(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts