From Chicago, a new hobbyist approaches!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!  I am currently offering her very, very small flightless fruit flies.  She hasn't eaten since she has arrived.  She's currently in a small temporary tank (an exoterra cricket pen that I made into a simple vivarium) and there aren't many flies in it at all.  In fact, they usually just crawl out from the top.  

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Funny you mention WoD as I literally was making a character earlier today for a reunion campaign of sorts with friends from a few years ago. Also nice mantids you have there.

so it turns out Pinkidemus wasn't eating because... she molted!  A healthy molt, all her parts in tact.

How soon should I try feeding her after the molt?  I offered her a tiny phoenix worm and a flightless fruit fly but she didn't seem interested.

Thank you!  Here are some pictures of Pinkidemus after their molt!

^645F73FF89555531EAFC29D097FAA5ECC5C3F310D6E777C4E8^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

^821988E9E0DEF3A8152C228A1BD71B9058911A6D28BDCF8718^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

^D655CA69CA55539ABFE916E8511C660E9011F040E784585397^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Glad she molted! Orchids are pretty tricky! Best food for them is flies and they shouldn't have too many iof them in the enclosure or they get stressed. Beter to give it 1 wait till she eats it then another if she wants it. Not good to give them crickets etc!

Creobroter are very hardy can eat about anything, easy species :)

Pinkidemus happily ate about ten fruit flies today!  I think they're (I don't know the gender) getting more of an appetite, they seem to be growing pretty quickly!

@Dandy I have DA to I watched on you there and sent you a message, i am new as well. Welcome. @Teamonger What kind of art do you do? I have been writing for a little over 10 years.

@Jessie @Dandy I also have a DA here. I am mostly a crafter and make posable dolls. Most of my dolls are dragon based but there will be mantis dolls some time soon for sure once I have a few less mantises to take up ALL my free time.

@Jessie @Dandy I also have a DA here. I am mostly a crafter and make posable dolls. Most of my dolls are dragon based but there will be mantis dolls some time soon for sure once I have a few less mantises to take up ALL my free time.
Ah, lovely dolls!  I've always wanted to learn how to sew.  Maybe one of these days I'll pick up the skill.

@Dandy Its an interesting skill for sure. Its more the pattern making then the sewing that gets you in the end. I'm still working on teaching myself and have a lot of do overs.

Latest posts