From Montana

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herpderp

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm a long time critter enthusiast who is finally making the leap into the mantid raising world! I'm a researcher by trade, so I like to be as informed as possible before investing in an animal. I'll be looking to purchase a single mantis to get familiar with, and who knows from there! Thanks for all the info you all provide.

Well, I had to take a short hiatus due to housing situations. I didn't want to introduce a new family member until i knew things were more stable, but I'm back in full force! 

Consider this my official re-introduction.

I'm looking at a couple species, I like the prospects of the sheild, giant Asian, and budwings. Part of the reasoning for that is I raise dubias and it would be nice to be able to utilize them for feeding! I also like that they are very handle-able and active hunters.

Welcome! And yes, I can confirm, you can't stop at 1 species. I started out with the amazing Phyllocrania Paradoxa and I absolutely love them, but I still want another 2-3 species to just experience different behaviors. They are such interesting little insects with such different personalities from species to species.

Welcome back! Yeah when I get obsessed with something I can't hold back... so yeah I have a bit more than one species. They are such amazing creatures!

Latest posts