Fruit flies get everywhere. Suggestions?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what of the film case no sorry i looked but i cant find the topic in the frog forum
This sounds interesting but I think I want to try it with house fly pupae. Put a little honey and cricketquencher in the bottom and it would feed the flies and the flies could feed the mantids. Would this work for a 'vacation feeder'?

im not sure but i am sure that i could be adapted

has anyone thought of alterative foods for ghost praying mantuis or a way to perswade my dad to let me starst a group of them and feed them flies?

im not sure but i am sure that i could be adaptedhas anyone thought of alterative foods for ghost praying mantuis or a way to perswade my dad to let me starst a group of them and feed them flies?
u could feed your ghost mantids cricket nymphs.i got some sent to me by mistake..there about the size of half a fruit fly.

yes i know but i would much rather give them flying insects because crickets may not be fount be the ghost where as flying things would be, also crickets arnt varied enough and a flying insect has more nutrents

yes i know but i would much rather give them flying insects because crickets may not be fount be the ghost where as flying things would be, also crickets arnt varied enough and a flying insect has more nutrents
so what do u want..a fly that doesnt fly?theres only 3 options for u..houseflys - culy wings and frute flys.ghsot mantis can eat crickts easy.i havent heard of them having to eat flys like flwoer mantids do.?

are wingless fruit flies really half the size of winged ones? ive never heard that before, i thought the mutation was for wing structure not body size -_-
It's the wing structure, not body size. My petstore sells the fruitflies that are capable of flying and they're the same size as the flightless ones.

are wingless fruit flies really half the size of winged ones? ive never heard that before, i thought the mutation was for wing structure not body size -_-
I think the small sized wingless ones are referring to the Melanogaster variety of fruitfly which is about half the size of the Hydei fruitflies. It is two different varieties of flies. The flightless Hydei have wings but can't seem to use them well enough to fly with.

Latest posts