Fruit fly advice

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdawg

Reaction score
I got a fruitfly culture from livefoods direct on saturday, many have died off and I've been told I potentially have a mite infestation. Are there any guarantees or can this just happen? I have some culture kits on the way to keep it going, but if I use those, will I just infect the new culture? I need a clean supply of Fruit flies to seed my culture of that's the case. Anyone recommend a reliable vendor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have cultures, also mite shelf paper. Careful from Josh's if getting their cultures, many large mites, too bad they

multiply so fast as the nymphs might  like the mites lol. Sometimes they die if the culture has bloomed already & not used

to make new cultures.

I have cultures, also mite shelf paper. Careful from Josh's if getting their cultures, many large mites, too bad they

multiply so fast as the nymphs might  like the mites lol. Sometimes they die if the culture has bloomed already & not used

to make new cultures.
Aren't they in America? In in the UK. I'll search eBay or Amazon for mite powder

Latest posts