Fruit fly blowdart: How I feed my individual nymphs.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea, but my cultures get smelly, so this would be gross and unsanitary for me. Still, have a like.
then dump a bunch of FFs into a 16 oz cup. I have one hydei culture reaching that gross stage, so I dump some into a 16 oz with nothing in it, and suck from there.

What I like about this is sometimes I need those ding dang flies BUT the culture is too runny and I don't want to be upending it in any way. because I don't want to drown them.

But with that you could easily remove them!!! AND, Michael at that stage it's still so fresh it wouldn't be all grody.

Mal you are bringing the rock!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do the same thing for crix, I mean 'crickets', but I use a 50' garden hose and no filter to make it more challenging.

For fruit flies I just snort them then blow my nose into the container. What's good about this is you can fill your sinuses then do all your containers one after another.

But seriously, nice little contraption if you want to be very specific with FF delivery.

I do the same thing for crix, I mean 'crickets', but I use a 50' garden hose and no filter to make it more challenging.

For fruit flies I just snort them then blow my nose into the container. What's good about this is you can fill your sinuses then do all your containers one after another.

But seriously, nice little contraption if you want to be very specific with FF delivery.
I thought you were serious until the snort thing. I laughed really hard at the cricket hose.

Neat idea.

you had me checking my phone for phantom texts through out the vid though (I use the same alert tone) :phone:

I'm right here handsome!

Volunteer don't you mean victim??

Nasty cricketsis!!!
I think 'test subject' would be a better word. Ha-ha!

Nice Gollum ref.

My precious...

PRECIOUS-GOLLUM-FACEBOOK.jpg

Latest posts