Fruit Fly Food

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*RYAN*

Reaction score
Once the fruit flys medium has dried up what do you do .... is there anyway to loosen it up again or do i gotta go buy a new culture ?

Just buy the medium. I buy big bags of it from www.carolina.com Mix it with some water in whatever container you're keeping flies and dump your flies in there. Soon you will have millions more flies. You can make it too but it doesnt work as well.

I have tried adding water into the dried up medium before and managed to loosen up the medium and "free" some maggots in the medium. However, the "diluted " medium produced far less ff so it is better just to make a new medium and transfer the ff from the old culture to the new one.

Just buy the medium. I buy big bags of it from www.carolina.com Mix it with some water in whatever container you're keeping flies and dump your flies in there. Soon you will have millions more flies. You can make it too but it doesnt work as well.
Rick I just searched their site but didn't find a large supply of medium avail. What's the order number? Thanx.

Rgds,

Louis

It's a three or so pound bag. Search on fruit fly supplies or something like that.

Latest posts