• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS/FT Various Carnivorous plants

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellerophon

Reaction score
Still need more room on the shelves for tanks so here's a few plants that must go. With the exception of the purpurea and the sandersonii these are all in 4" pots.

Sarracenia purpurea

img3906is4.jpg

Pinguicula x 'John Rizzi'

img3912hj2.jpg

Pinguicula agnata 'CSUF'

img3911ih6.jpg

Pinguicula 'Titan'

img3910ha9.jpg

Cephalotus

img3907tc2.jpg

Utricularia sandersonii

img3917sx7.jpg

Utricularia calycifida 'Mrs. Marsh'

img3913wb6.jpg

Utricularia calycifida 'Mrs. Marsh' flowers

img3916fr2.jpg

Give me a quick run down on their care. Would they fare well in a terrarium? Humidity? Incandescent bulbs? Wattage?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Utricularia sandersonii and down don't seem like carivorous plants, but that doesn't mean they aren't.

I really want one, how much are they for? How do you care for them?

You guys need to do more research <_< ; all of the plants posted are carnivorous.

There is no such thing as a basic, quick run down of their care. I would highly advise against getting any without doing any reading on them first. Most require specific growing conditions, dormancy, growing medium, water, etc. etc. With all the myths one hears these days it’s not surprising how so many people tend to kill their new CP shortly after acquiring it.

I recommend this forum: terraforums.com. It has a load of old, helpful posts and very helpful tutorials on how to grow and cultivate the plants.

You guys need to do more research <_< ; all of the plants posted are carnivorous. There is no such thing as a basic, quick run down of their care. I would highly advise against getting any without doing any reading on them first. Most require specific growing conditions, dormancy, growing medium, water, etc. etc. With all the myths one hears these days it’s not surprising how so many people tend to kill their new CP shortly after acquiring it.

I recommend this forum: terraforums.com. It has a load of old, helpful posts and very helpful tutorials on how to grow and cultivate the plants.
I second that! Far too much info to try and run down each plant especially since I have at least 5 pms asking the same thing. terraforums is an awsome resource.

I'll go ahead and "Third" that. You'd do good to have some experience on top of your research for a few of those plants. Terra forum is a good resource. Great people over there.

Holy Wow! An S. purpurea, I've been looking everywhere for one!

Hey Lee,

Nice looking plants you have there It is so cool to see them.

Made me laugh I am John Rizzi the ping is named after and I like to see how things go around I am working with mantis now and only have a few carnivors all pings.

John

Hey Lee,Nice looking plants you have there It is so cool to see them.

Made me laugh I am John Rizzi the ping is named after and I like to see how things go around I am working with mantis now and only have a few carnivors all pings.

John
lol oh wow, small world

How much for the cephalotus, and can this be sent to the UK?

Not too sure on legislation from USA to UK, I know I've traded around the rest of europe and a few asian countries without a problem though!

Latest posts